Monday, June 19, 2006

oh my gosh, what am I going to do?



The mailman obligingly brought Carol's neighborhood today. I was still at work, but he left it with my neighbor (who was very curious!) and I've since taken it outside to photograph how it looks so far. I'm happy with this picture, which shows up the subtleties of the gorgeous linen Carol chose. The exquisite stitching that has gone into this neighborhood is also evident. And leaves me wondering whatever am I going to stitch on it? As you've probably noticed, my tastes run more toward the primitive but that would ruin the beauty of this neighborhood. I'm going to go look at a French chart (that I had actually ordered for Novia's neighborhood) and a Chessie & Me chart in my stash ... they're ringing little bells in my head. I wish I had something by Elizabeth's Designs, which would fit in beautifully. Carol and Annemarie, I tip my hat to your skilfull stitching and design. And Carol, your "welcome packet" is so orderly and helpful - thanks!!

7 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Wow- I clicked on the picture to look at a bigger version and it really is a wonderful photo . mina always seem to have some glare or something. Annemarie's square came out really nice. The shading on pears is just right - Was it Carol that wanted a cat in each block? I think I have a basic house picked out for this but must do a "cat" search.

 
At 5:43 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

I am beside myself with glee! Annemarie put a bear in her square!! How appropriate is that! I am soooo thrilled, and her entire block is just perfect!!

I love how the cat is atop the house, staying clear of that bear! LOL

Yes, Rachael, I am the one who wants a cat (or a dog) in each block - I put some charts in with my RR is you get stuck ;-)

Barbara, Whatever you choose to stitch that suits your personality will be simply perfect!!

 
At 5:51 PM, June 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love that bear! This is looking gorgeous so far. Don't worry Barbara, I'm sure whatever you do will be wonderful :)

 
At 7:47 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

Beautiful! I can't believe Annemarie was stressing over this as she is so creative! You all are very creative as a matter of fact.
Barbara, something will definitely be just right, you'll see. Have fun with this as Annemarie did.

 
At 7:49 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

Oh the bear will indeed commemorate 2006 for Carol!

 
At 9:39 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Dowsn't it look wonderful, I love the bear too. Well done ladies

 
At 6:47 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger lena-lou said...

That is lovely and the bear is perfect...what a great addition and the photo is really good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home