Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Rachaels RR


I am posting this for Veronica (Mum) to show Rachaels RR...this was finished sometime last week. The idea for this block came from a journey to a seaside town called Whitby and from Rachaels request for a seaside theme for her neighbourhood if at all possible. Several charts were used in creating this - Veronica has put all the details in the diary Rachael sent. Quite a few stitches were used on this xstitch of course, 1/1 xstitch, Satin Stitch, French Knots for the sea foam, Long Stitch for the boats rigging and back stitch. Veronica says she hopes you like it Rachael and to let you know she has thoroughly enjoyed stitching this piece for you :-)
The bottom picture shows all the stitching to date...Rachaels own in the middle, Diannes top left then Veronicas bottom left sorry the pic is full of shadows but this is a HUGE piece of linen.


12 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, July 18, 2006, Blogger RĂ³sa said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous square, and the whole RR is going to be beautiful. I'm in awe of all of you ladies in this RR. I wish I could've taken part :-)

 
At 2:27 PM, July 18, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, Rachael is going to LOVE this!! It's gorgeous!

 
At 5:06 PM, July 18, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

That is really beachy and sweet. Ms. Rachael is going to love it! Great job Veronica!

 
At 7:42 PM, July 18, 2006, Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Oh this is so pretty!!! Such beautiful work too!!

 
At 9:26 PM, July 18, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

This is perfect, Veronica! Racael will be thrilled!

 
At 6:03 AM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Nice square Veronica!!! I had no idea Rachael wanted a seaside theme...hmmm... best start hunting, as I am after Su!!! I couldn't tell by Rachael's own block that she wanted this theme, so I was a bit surprised. I just adore what Veronica added to her area! Nice!

 
At 11:31 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Oh mum its lovely, and I know Rachael will love it. Now to decide what I will do on it as I get it next.

 
At 1:29 AM, July 20, 2006, Blogger lena-lou said...

I do like this sqaure...every time I look at it I like it more...I will have to put an order in to my Mum for her to do me one as it would go so nice in my bathroom ;-)

 
At 1:23 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

Lena or Su-think your Mum is ready for Barbara's or does she want to take a breather? Let me know either here, email or on my blog.

 
At 3:31 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger lena-lou said...

Hi Dianne, Veronica said you can mail Barbaras RR on to her but can she have it by 4th August please. Thanks xx

 
At 6:39 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

I do love it! It is gorgeous! Perfect! I am so sorry I have needed so long to comment- My girlfriend called from Virginia to tell me that it had been posted as I have not been on the computer almost at all.
There are so many things on this squarte to love- the verse the lighthouse-the bucket and shovel- really it's all wonderful. thank you so much Veronica.

 
At 6:43 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Lelia said...

Oh this is so nice! What a beautiful addition to the RR.

If I understand correctly, Veronica stitched this for Rachael -- awesome job :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home