Friday, September 08, 2006

Veronica's RR is finished

I finished my block on Veronica's RR tonight, and Mike says he would be happy to post it off to Annemarie via GPM tomorrow for me. I loved doing my block for Veronica :-)

Others have written about what they stitched and why... I like that idea, so here is my info: The majority of this block uses the primary elements of The Tea Room by Country Cottage Needleworks. Veronica wrote in a note inside of her package that she and her husband often take walks in the countryside and stop at a tea room. Well, now I just knew I had to stitch a tea room! I knew I wanted this design, so I emailed a friend in Italy who had recently stitched this - I asked her if I could borrow her chart. She was busy and the response was a little bit slow, but then I saw the chart at my LNS, and scooped it right up. I think Veronica had also asked for a street lamp, and this chart happened to have one of those too.

But there was still a lot of block to fill... and I also believe she had asked us each to create a walkway from the house to the bottom of the block. That stymied me a little... I don't alter designs often! But tonight I put a little windy brick walkway in and then stared it for a bit.... I added another park bench (because that is my favorite element of the chart - and Veronica and her hubby need places to sit and relax!!)... and more of the pretty flower pots. What to add next? Well, this is an English countryside scene, and my DH who lived in the UK as a child (US Air Force brat) suggested bunnies. So, I dug out LHN's Morning Berries and it has cute bunnies. But, those bunnies would be the size of St. Bernard dogs in comparison to the park benches... so I stitched them over one.

Now, I am not totally overjoyed with how the bunnies are sitting on the fabric... I could not figure out the best placement for them... but I hope Veronica will still like them!

Heads up to Veronica, the walkway is stitched with Glissen Gloss Colorwash silk (the silk was purchased to do the brick walkways on my RR when it comes home) and the bunnies are stitched with Crescent Colours floss - these aren't colorfast, and I knew you would need to know that. I hope that is OK with you!!
Here is the best shot I could get of the entire RR - what a very, very huge piece of fabric this is! Isn't it a pretty RR so far??

OK Annemarie, start watching for this in 3-4 days now!

Veronica, thanks so much for letting me stitch on your RR :-)

8 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

Carol, I tried to post a comment on your blog, but somehow couldn't. What a lovely block you have sitched! And thanks for showing us a picture of the entire Neighbourhood, because now I know exactly which design to stitch, and where to stitch it!

 
At 5:48 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

Your square is precious! It looks wonderful with the rest.

 
At 6:05 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Kim said...

That looks fabulous! I love the bunnies! Very fun choice and well done. :D

 
At 10:04 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger lena-lou said...

I just can't wait for Veronica (Mum) to see this posting...soon!!!

 
At 11:06 AM, September 09, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness, Carol, this is really lovely. Veronica is going to love it - thew whole thing is so incredibly harmonious and well-balanced!

 
At 12:57 PM, September 10, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Its absolutley gorgeous.

 
At 1:40 PM, September 11, 2006, Blogger lena-lou said...

I think it's absolutely wonderful, I am so pleased with it, very English looking and I LOVE it. Thank-you!!
From Veronica
P.S. 15th November for next mailing date is fine by me as well.

 
At 6:02 AM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

You are welcome Veronica! I am so pleased you like it!! I just loved stitching it for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home