Sunday, January 15, 2006


I too must add my thanks to Barbara for setting up our neighbourhood blog, it will be great to see everyones progress and catch up with what is happening. Wouldn't it be lovely if at some point in our neighbourhood sending we could all meet up?

My fabric is a natural 30ct linen and I have sectioned it off into 100 x 100 blocks, and there are 9 of them, but I don't mind stitching 3 when I complete this one I'm currently stitching I will do a second this will be in the centre and my plan is to have a LNS right in the middle as all villages need an LNS and its the heart of my village as I think if it wasn't for stitching and making new 'friends' our neighbourhood will have never happened with us all. As yet I still haven't come up with a name for my village, but I have one or two banging about in my brain.

I have been diligently stitching on mine for a couple of weeks now, I have a photo of the progress as at last week, but this week I have done some more, but as yet not taken a photo, I am putting some depth I hope in the design and as I managed to put the house in lower than I intended I need to fill the top a bit, hence my depth idea, I will post a picture of that progress soon, but as it stands you'll have to see last weeks progress. The house comes from a Mill Hill design called the Spring village, I have of course practically altered most of it apart from the house structure and the placement of the 2 trees, the tree on the left next to the house has now become an apple tree and I am currently adding to the garden etc.

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, January 15, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Su, this looks terrific!!! I love the design and your choice of fabric.

Meeting up sure would be nice - maybe we should start buying lottery tickets? ;-)

 
At 9:34 PM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Su,
I love your house. The color is really lovely. I too would love it if we couold all meet up. Don't know how though:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home