Sunday, January 22, 2006

who's up for a happy dance?

Yes, it's done! This is probably a record finish for me, as I am a verrrryyyyy slow stitcher. But I've just been so excited about this project that I couldn't put it down! The kids have been good sports this week about letting mommy stitch during the daytime hours, otherwise I'd still be stitching my bricks!



I still need to grid off the other blocks for everyone else, which I will do soon. And I have changed the shape of my neighborhood. Because I cut the fabric for my original idea, there was not enough room to do a border (with our names), but I think I've come up with a very good replacement idea.

I'm also very glad that our little group is complete - I hope Novia and Rachael and Annemarie will all soon be back in the full bloom of health, though!

6 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

It's wonderful!!!! It's so whimsical, personal and bright. Congratulations Barb. I can't wait to see it in person.

 
At 11:52 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Oh Barbara! It came out sooo sweet!!!

 
At 12:04 AM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Its really nice, I like it well done on finishing, I've not picked mine up since the 15 Jan.

 
At 3:30 AM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Novia said...

Very well done, congratulation!!!
I need to start my house.

Novia

 
At 5:25 AM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

What a clever design! You really made it your own. That's what this project is all about. : )
I can't wait to see it in person.

 
At 9:24 AM, January 23, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Thanks everyone. It was a LOT of fun to do!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home