Monday, April 03, 2006

And now a peek at Su's RR

I gave Su's RR its official start today! I am stitching the Prairie Schooler birdhouse that she likes on the Dijon RR... since she asked so very politely in her questionnaire if someone would stitch it for her, I am all too happy to oblige. It does, however, lead to a bit of a challenge. The two houses Su stitched are really very petite. The birdhouse is so huge that it looks like a Giant Redwood Tree in comparison to them. But I figured out that if I cut off part of its pole (you cannot imagine how large this is in full on the chart), and drop it down to the lower corner of my block... then place my house, etc. on a higher plane to the left of it in my block... well, this should look like it is in the foreground and the HUGE size of the birdhouse should be OK... it still needs two big birds stitched on it too :-)

I hope Su doesn't mind... I followed her lead and let the basting she put in be important, but also used it more as a "guide," as the birdhouse pole drops a little into the top of Su's block below it, and a few stitches do go over to the still empty block on the right... Otherwise there will be no room for my house, etc... who could have known how huge this birdhouse is?? Su, does it all look OK to you? Mike and I think it looks great.... input please, group??

6 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

I love the birdhouse-you can put it on mine if you want-hint-hint.
Is the birdhouse in the middle somewhat? I think if it is, it's like an anchor for the other houses around it. Does that make sense?

 
At 5:47 AM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Hi Dianne, It is in the right corner of the center block.... so somebody will be stitching next to it as well.... I pored over which block to use all night last night LOL!!! I didn't think it looked great in a corner...

You think this would work with your Victorian theme... hmmm... it might... let's take a look when it gets here :-)

 
At 7:31 AM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

It should work fine Carol. I have trouble seeing perspective when I am stitching something but I always "see" it when it is somewhere else. The birdhouse itself is beautiful. Exiting to see progress on the RR's

 
At 5:38 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Hi Carol I absolutely love it!!! It will give my RR great perspective, thankyou so much for stitching this on for me, I really wanted it.

 
At 8:33 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

You are welcome!!! I saw in your comment in my blog that you apologized for it being difficult... no, it isn't difficult and I am enjoying it... I just wanted to make sure it was turning out how you would like - that is very important to me. I like the challenge itself :-) Now Dianne wants it too - LOL!

 
At 11:11 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Hi Carol! As I mentioned in your blog, I love your start on Su's RR, and found it very illuminating. Perspective isn't my strong point, which is probably why primitive-type designs appeal to me. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home