Sunday, March 19, 2006

the goode huswife is out on the prairie

I am just dying to show you what I've stitched on Annemarie's neighborhood today! Last night, after I got it home, I propped it up on the table and started going through all my patterns, one-by-one. Nothing was exactly what I was looking for, but I realized that if took this bit out of that pattern and that bit out of this pattern ... well, you get the idea. So today I started stitching from the right side of the block inward and I am just having such a great time! I've used my new linen DMC floss that Annemarie & I bought at the Naald & Draad yesterday. It's perfect for a grassy texture (and it smells good!). For other fibers, I've used some Stranded by the Sea (ltd. ed.) and Royal Navy and Grace Kelly from The Dye is Cast.

Sure there were other projects with closer deadlines, but this is fun!

3 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, March 19, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

Wow, you've already started!!! That's great. And I think it's really special that you're using these linen threads we got yesterday. Can't wait to see your progress!

 
At 5:55 AM, March 20, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Oooo, I do so wish you could give us a peek!!! I have been putting little ideas together for Su's too :-) Right now, though, MTM is calling me louder.... more of a quicker deadline on that one!

 
At 12:07 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

I too have no idea what to stitch for Annemarie. I hope after I see what you are doing I will get a brain zap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home