Friday, March 24, 2006

My semi-finished RR square...


...in the safe hands of Barbara (and myself). Barbara is the lady on the left (not hiding, as you can see), and I am the one on the right. You might be wondering what that unsightly stain on my house might be. Wonder no longer: it is vomit. Normally, I don't allow my son Pelle to even look at my stitchy things, but this time, he escaped me, and suddenly I found him bending over the footstool (where I had put my RR to take a picture) making funny noises. So far, Barbara hasn't complained of any whiffs or anything, so I'm sure no harm was done by my little one.
This is a piccie of my RR up close. As you can see, I only need to fill in one and a half window, and I have to finish the big flower and on the stem of the flower, between the leaves, I will stitch a Pelle.
As for the colours I used: I didn't use the colours the design called for, except for the main part of the house, which was stitched with GAST Old Blue Paint. The rest of the colours looked too much alike, so I substituted those for the colours that suited me better. I love red and blue. Having seen pictures of the other Neighbourhoods so far, I noticed that you all had such wonderfully dainty flowers crowding your houses and gardens, and I suddenly felt my square a bit empty. I mean, I had the big flower, of course, but I decided to experiment with some roses, for which I used a spiderweb stitch. We have whitish-yellow in our garden which we love, hence the experiment.
I know exactly what I want to stitch on Carol's RR, although I will have to look for some more flowery/gardeny type designs to fill up the empty spaces. Barbara is working away dilligently on my RR. Boy, am I curious of what is to come next!!!

6 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

I didn't realize you were that much taller than me! :-)

No whiffs of anything, though I must admit that in the right (or wrong) light, you can see a whitish overcast to part of the house where Pelle got it. I don't quite dare try to wash it, so I'll leave that to you when I get it back to you for the filling in of those windows.

I had such a great time on Saturday - thanks again to you and Jula for opening your home to me (and feeding me, too!).

 
At 8:17 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

I love your photo AnnMarie and Barbara.Makes the RR process so much more personal.
Gee, I have a good sniffer (in other words, big nose) and I hope Pelle's present to us all well vanish by the time I get it! LOL
I'm short myself Barbara.

 
At 8:19 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

BTW, when I first looked at your house, I thought that was an interesting golden cloud over the house! Hey, it works!! ; )

 
At 8:49 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Lovely to see you both, and of course your RR, I love your house the colours are great I love blue and red too. Hope Pelle's tummy is much better now.

 
At 10:33 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

The vomit story is hilarious!!!! It's all attributable to Murphy's Law!

I must say - you are both very lovely :-)

I think your roses experiment was highly successful there Annemarie!

I have your shirt! And, a little Easter gift for Pelle too! I really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the Jan Houtman chart! Mike will post your gifties off to you on Monday morning, for sure :-)

 
At 11:47 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

The flower came out beautiful. Hope Pelle isfeeling better. I am going to have to think hard about what I am going to stitch on your RR. I can't wait to see it in person. I think I am going to take it to CA with me and look for a chart while I am there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home