Saturday, September 16, 2006

My house for Su is finished


We've been busy posting in this Blog again, haven't we? That's good. It means we can all look forward to a new house to stitch! As you may have gathered I've missed the deadline, because I had a very long visit from the frog. Still, I think I finished it pretty quickly. Barbara, I'll post this to you on Monday!

For Su's house I chose 'Black Crow Cottage' by Elizabeth's Designs as a basis. The house, the hill, the fence, the black crows and the small tree on the right are all part of that design. I just loved the colours of this house, and they blended so beautifully with the colours Su had already used. The blue/green plants in the garden are from Elizabeth's Designs' 'Woodland Cottage'. The tree on the left is from Carriage House Sampling's 'The Village of Hawk Run Hollow', Block 2. The bunny sprung from my own imagination (Su gave me some bunny charts once, so I thought it would be appropriate to add one). The roses are Jane Greenoff's, but I can't remember the title of the book, and I'm too lazy to run downstairs to check.
I wanted our gardens to merge, so I extended the path Su started. The intention was to make it disappear behind the hill, but it may look to some people as if my house has a private walkway up to the Needlework shop. Which is fine with me :o)
I had a lot of trouble leaving the top of my block blank, but I forced myself to do so anyway, beacuse that's what Su and Carol did as well, and adding more would have disturbed the balance.

I really enjoyed stitching this house for you, Su! I hope you like it!

8 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, September 16, 2006, Blogger Lelia said...

Annemarie it is lovely -- I'm sure Su will enjoy your contribution

 
At 7:59 PM, September 16, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Wow, it came out great Annemarie!

 
At 11:45 PM, September 17, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

I really LOVE it, thanks so much Annemarie.

 
At 12:29 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Barb said...

That is pretty. Great job on it. Barb

 
At 7:30 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Darling !!!

 
At 6:38 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

It is blending so nicely together. Great job Annemarie!

 
At 8:47 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Beautiful Annemarie! Love it - you are an example of stitching perfection!
:o)

 
At 4:24 AM, September 21, 2006, Blogger Jan said...

Hi Annemarie, Barbara, Carol, Dianne, Rachael, Su, and Veronica!

My name is Jan and i've just started an online gallery specially dedicated to showcasing and promoting craft works from independant craft artists

http://www.designstolove.com

All your craft designs are really lovely and it would be an honour to have you on board.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home