Sunday, February 04, 2007

Annemaries next block is finished

I am doing the posting for Veronica and I am happy to present to you the finished block for Annemarie and I know some details this time...



The house and fence are from LHN Daisy Lane Cottage, the large flower is from Brittercup which was in a British Magazine, the little boy JBW, the tree and lean- to are from De Fil En Aiguille (French magazine) , the sheep are Cross Eyed Cricket from Herdsmans Cottage, flowerpots are from British designer Helen Philips (from a book), the owl and bike are from a very old sampler book Veronica has, the bird is from her own imagination as is the grass and I think the remaining details although no offence meant to any designer if I have that wrong!

I know Veronica did struggle with trying to get this to the 'Wacky' theme Annmarie wants for her neighbouhood, but says to let you know Annemarie that she has done her best effort for you :-) and she really hopes you like it! I think the small weave of the linen was a bit of a struggle on the eyes as well so 1/1 had to be discounted.

This picture (sorry it is small but blogger wouldn't upload the big picture for me) below is of the full Neighbouhood up to now which I think is looking great and really taking shape !! As a reminder the blocks up to now have been stitched by...

Middle Row Left...........Annemaries own
Middle Row Right........Dianne
Bottom Row Left..........Rachel
Bottom Row Middle.....Barbara
Bottom Row Right.......Veronica



Get your needle at the ready Su as this is heading your way soon.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, February 04, 2007, Blogger Susimac said...

Oh this is lovely - well done mum, I bet An will love this, I guess the little boy is Pelle? I'm looking forward to receiving this.

 
At 9:26 PM, February 04, 2007, Blogger Annemarie said...

Oh yippiiiiiiiiiiiiiie! This is ab-so-lu-te-ly GORGEOUS Veronica! Don't you dare change anything, it's perfect just the way it is! The boy and the bike are too cute! Sorry the high count fabric was so difficult for you. If it's any consolation, I'm not too fond of working on it either.

 
At 10:13 PM, February 04, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

This is looking wonderful! So much detail and the colors look nice too. Great job Veronica! Get ready Su!

 
At 11:20 PM, February 04, 2007, Blogger mainely stitching said...

WOWOWOWOW!!! I can just imagine Annemarie dancing around her living room in delight! This is STUNNING!!! Great job, Veronica!

 
At 12:20 AM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Leeny said...

Here's an outsider throwing in her opinion! :) I think Veronica's block for Annemarie is absolutely gorgeous. I love it, it's soooooo lovely! I think she has a great eye and the composition of all the elements are fantastic. Brilliant work!

eileen :)

 
At 12:25 AM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Carol said...

Wow, Veronica did a great job! She is so inspiring with her creativity in this RR!

 
At 5:34 AM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Chelle said...

Veronica did a fantastic job, the owl on top of the house is just large enough to be whimsical. It looks perfect to me!

 
At 6:35 AM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

When I commented before, the smaller photo wasn't up-hence no remark from me about the bee skeps, the owl and all the charming details. So sorry!

 
At 7:30 AM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Rachael said...

Just darling. The whole thing. Bright and lovely and very Annemarie. I love all the detail- the boy, the bike, the bee hives- really very special. Well done Veronica!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home