Friday, January 19, 2007

success!

I finally peeled Rowen off my lap yesterday to put her to bed. Because of the awful wind storms we were having across the country, dog training class was cancelled and I was able to get right to work on Su's neighborhood and it is now complete - other than stitching my name on it. I know my house is rather large compared to Carol's so I've tried to gently unite them by using the same color for the grass and by stitching a bird flying over our blocks. Niek says I should've carried the checkered grass pattern over onto Carol's block, but I didn't feel quite right about that. If Su wants to do something like that later, the DMC green I used (which seems to be the same Carol used) is 3362.

The house and tree are from The Village of Hawk Run Hollow (block 4). The stuff on the right side is mostly from my imagination, though the bird feeder is taken from The Cross Stitch Bible. My lupins didn't photograph well - they are in subtle shades of dusty rose and look pretty nice IRL.

I was terrified of messing Su's neighborhood up, but she has assured me that she likes the block. Thanks, Su! This will start its voyage to Rachael today.

5 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger Susimac said...

absolutely LOVE IT - Oh the kitty is wonderful - Tash climbs up the gate post like that - Thankyou so much Barb. Its all really lovely and ties in really great with Carols block!!

 
At 5:02 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Phew! What a relief!

 
At 6:04 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger lena-lou said...

What a warm friendly looking family house and I love the birdtable with the cat, maybe I live there with my family if I could ever get out of the Needlework Shop...lol

 
At 6:19 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger Carol said...

Wow, congratulations on the finish! Nice :-)

 
At 6:21 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

As I said on your blog, I think you gave this RR some prospective. Your house actually balances out Carol's birdhouse and her house looks like it is sitting back a bit. Cool and sweet! Can't wait to see it in person one of these months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home