Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Finally: an update



Yay! My best friend Harmien has been and she has taken some wonderful pictures of various projects I'm working on. The most important, of course, is an update of my house. I'm so happy that now, you will all know what I'm whining about when I tell you my flowers are smudgy and the blues and greys don't work together. This is 'Enduring Friendship' by Blackbird Designs, and as you you can see (from the meticulously outlined squares on my beautiful fabric ;o)), I'm using up two squares for my house. I'm still in the process of frogging the flower and replacing the smudgy reddish-purplish thread with some beautiful darkish wine-red colour. I will be adding a few personal touches, such as a rose bush at the front of the house (love dark red roses), an elf (to represent my son Pelle) between the leaves of the flower, a dog (the one for which Pelle was named. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my son was named after a dog) I will also be adding a tiny moon with a house on it in the lefthand corner. I think. Your names will have to be stitched in a sort of border, but I'll do that once my neighbourhood is returned to me. Harmien (she of the pictures) assured me that there's enough room for a border if I want to have it framed, so I guess I'll believe her.

6 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Oh Annemarie- I don't think your flower looks smudgy at all. I really like the way you have combined the tones of green, red and blue. From looking at your pictures i think you have a great feel for color. The main thing though, is that you like it. Can't wait to see it finished.

 
At 12:47 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

LOL - for someone who once told me she didn't like stitching with green, you must've had fun with that big green stem!

I think this looks great so far, and I'm thrilled to see it after wondering about it. Like Rachael, I have to say I don't see the smudginess you've talked about. It looks great!

 
At 6:01 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

I love your start! Now I finally understand what you mean by having one HUGE flower in your square! Love it though! It doesn't appear smudgy in the photo - might just be that Harmien is a great photographer? LOL Don't panic, it will be lovely!

 
At 9:24 PM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Its great, I can't see any smudginess either. Can't wait to see it finished.

 
At 6:49 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

Looking very interesting! I can't wait to see the finished design. Thanks for sharing.
BTW,thanks for visiting my blog, AM.

 
At 1:14 PM, February 11, 2006, Blogger Novia said...

I like the red wine colour for the flower. I think this colour always give luxurious touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home