Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mailing options

Hi Ladies,
I think we should send our projects overseas via registered mail. I have had two incidents in the last month-one was me mailing something and the other was me receiving something. First was a Christmas gift to a friend in Ireland. I mailed it at the beginning of December and she got it in the middle of January. I mailed by airmail parcel which should have taken about a week. My friend said it arrived by surface mail.
Yesterday I received Barbara's Christmas card!
My friend in Ireland sent my gift by registered mail and even though I had to sign for it, I got it in a timely manner and before Christmas.
Just something to think about.

I had to 'frog' some backstitching on my house. I was using black and it just didn't look right to me. I reviewed the directions and thin black lines on the chart were suppose to be brown, not black. Oy-that was an hour of ripping.

8 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Dianne & I have already "talked" about this, and I have to agree that going registered mail makes good sense. Imagine the horror of losing a neighborhood in the postal system! It's going to make it a lot more expensive, but what price can we put on these future heirlooms?

 
At 9:46 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Yes, It is going to be expensive, but I agree that it is probably a good idea.

 
At 11:32 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

Like how much do you think? I've never sent things overseas this way and I want to start saving up.

 
At 11:41 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

I looked up the Netherlands on usps.com. If I send a 10 oz package it will be roughly $8 and sending it registered with be around another $8. I think I can handle that every 3 months. I believe the top price is airmail priority. Not sure if that will be enough protection alone. I am sure our pieces, though priceless would be worth tons more.

 
At 9:20 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

I agree that we should send our neighbourhoods via registered mail. To be honest, I don't think it's that expensive,and think of the tears and misery it would cost if one of our houses went missing...

 
At 9:39 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Novia said...

I've been thinking about it too and I do agree with registered post (is it aangetekend post?). And with registered post it is also priority right?

Novia

 
At 2:43 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

Hi Novia, yes to all your questions :o)

 
At 1:12 AM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

OK with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home