Friday, February 17, 2006

still kickin' around

Hi Everyone. What a rotten week. I'm of more than half a mind to just move back to Maine, but of course that's not really a possibility. The whole thing is incredible. Not only were we home, but this is the 2nd time we've been broken into while at home (the other time was the early hours of morning, before we were up). I keep thinking, "what if one of the kids had wandered into the room?". It's enough to stop your heart. And the police! Don't even get me started. They blame us because we did not close our curtains. yep. And they have not even begun the paperwork that we need for the insurance company to start our claim. Grrr!! So I will be offline indefinately.

Thank you for your support and for attempts to stay in touch! (I've felt so cut off this week!) I've lost everyone's email addresses. Feel free to email me, but no attachments please. As I can only check in two days a week, my Inbox fills up too fast...

6 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, February 17, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Oh Barbara- I miss you so. I will try to call some time on the weekend. Take care.

 
At 1:27 PM, February 17, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Thanks, Rachael!

 
At 4:35 PM, February 17, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Hi Barb - Great to hear from you! So, the cops think that if your curtains were closed you wouldn't have been robbed? How silly!

Glad you are safe :-)

 
At 4:46 PM, February 17, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

I think thats so rediculous that you have to close your curtains at sun down, do they think we live in the middle ages - I'm glad that we can have some contact with you still, I have quite missed you. If you need anything as soon as you can have attachments let me know and if I have it I can send it to you.
Hugs xx

 
At 5:18 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

The police are full of 'you know what'. Who cares what position your curtains are in?
I wish you lots of luck with that. The only good thing is you can get a new laptop, correct?
I miss you too.

 
At 12:32 PM, February 19, 2006, Blogger Novia said...

I am so sorry to read what happened to you. I was away last week and just find out today.

I hope you feel better this week.

Novia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home