Monday, February 13, 2006

Veronicas finish & update on next

.

Here is a piccie of my first square finished. The hills in the background depict the hills where I live. The pond has a small stream running into it and there are dragonflies and bullrushes


The next picture is of my next square, like Su I have 9 squares on my fabric and so have chosen to stitch 2 houses on my fabric. This house is taken from Elizabeths Designs - 'House of my own', the rest although not yet finished are my own ideas, the cat on the wall is my cat Tabitha. The purple will be spires of Lupins, I haven't decided as yet whether to put a birdhouse on, and of course I have the garden to fill.



Finally here is a picture of what it looks like with both squares.
Footnote: Su apologises for the standard of the photos, they are maybe not lit as well as they should be.

7 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Oh, how lovely! Thank you for sharing yours, Veronica!!!!!!!

 
At 6:57 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Stunning Veronica!!!

 
At 7:03 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Okay, as if Dianne's house hadn't made me insecure enough, these works of art have got me really wondering how I'm going to keep up with the artistic standards of this group! I love these. They are simply amazing. That kitty! Those lupins! The cat o'nine tails! Wow!!

 
At 7:25 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

LOL!! Don't worry Barbara we are all at the same place as you LOL!! Mum was worrying too about her stitching, I worry that my stitching won't be as good, and really we all stitch brilliantly - now hows that for some self-confidence LOL!!!

 
At 7:39 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Novia said...

It looks GREAT!!

I think the bottom line is that we all have FUN :-)

Novia

 
At 10:04 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

Hee hee, what a bunch of insecure old bats we all are! I agree with Novia that we should all just have fun. That doesn't mean I'm not slightly worried after seeing Veronica's progress. I hope I can get my stitching to look as delicate as that! Beautiful work!

 
At 6:47 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

I know, it's like a story...very sweet Veronica. You put a lot of yourself in this design.
Barbara, now stop that. I just had a 'big' house I've been dying to stitch and this was the perfect opportunity to do so. There is so much of you and all the other ladies in their designs. I think mine is definitely my fantasy home. I don't think the house I am living in right now is, so with the RR, I get to sees loads of houses that I know I will love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home