Monday, February 13, 2006

Sad news...

Hi all,

I just got a phone call from a very distressed Barbara. Her home has been broken into, and these miscreants have stolen her computer, containing (among other things) all the information surrounding our Round Robin, including our addresses and phone numbers. Now even though Barbara and I, and our other halves, don't think these thieves will be interested in information concerning a bunch of cross stitch fanatics, Barbara did ask me to inform you, because she feels terrible about this. She sounded so tired and sad, I felt incredibly sorry for her, and I hope that she and Niek will get over this soon... Barbara doesn't know if her company will replace the computer she has now lost, because this is the second time this has happened. So let's just hope she will be back online and cheerful very quickly!

8 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Oh poor Barbara and Niek, thats awful for them. If you speak to her Annemarie or anyone else for hat matter, please tell them they are in my thoughts and I hope the police catch the mongrels.

 
At 1:38 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Cathy B said...

If one of you should speak with Barbara, please tell her that I'm thinking about her. I'll drop her a note via snail mail too. Poor thing, I'd be frustrated and upset too if someone broke into my house and stole my computer!

 
At 4:44 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Oh no! That is so sad for Barbara and her family. This is the last thing they need right now. Just terrible!

 
At 6:36 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

What a terrible thing. I know just how she feels as it's happened to us back in '95. Bummer about her computer and her worrying about us.
As I always say, at least no one was home or hurt.

 
At 7:53 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Oh- dear , that is so awful. Having your home invaded like that is just the worst feeling. That no one was home or hurt is the important thing. I can't imagine the thieves would be interested in much that is on the computer. they have probably sold it already.

 
At 9:44 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

Can you believe that everyone was actually AT HOME when it happened? I believe Barbara and Niek were putting the kids to bed. This must be such a dreadful shock, I can't even imagine...

 
At 6:09 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

Oh my, they were at home! Thank God they just got the computer and left. I wonder if they just walked in? We grew up in a house where the door was always unlocked, but I wouldn't do it in this day and age. I wish my mom would lock herself in too

 
At 7:31 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

I talked to Barbara this afternoon for a bit. I too, was shocked to find out that this happened while they were home. Makes it twice as bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home