Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Now for the part that makes me anxious....

I have packaged up my round robin and it is ready to go to Annemarie via Global Priority Mail tomorrow.

I feel anxious with Novia's having gone missing. I am praying mine survives the postal services of various countries for the next 18 months or so.... yikes.

I put together a letter in the package which includes a refresher of my questionnaire... and I put in some charts with little cats and little dogs... which you don't have to use. Those are for the ladies who expressed concern about finding any cats or dogs. They are by Drawn Thread, Chessie & Me, The Workbasket and a couple of others... I even found a little dachshund if that appeals to you! Each dog or cat can be stitched more than once, makes no difference to me!!

OH, please remember to always have my address show as the return address on the package, as long as the postal service in your country will allow that (post 9/11, the USPS is not so big on such things....). If the package gets lost, I figure it will have a better chance of finding its way home to me if my address shows as the return address.

I hope my envelope survives for a while. I am not sure if any envelope can survive so many mailings. I chose one that is waterproof so that gives it some hope. I will happily replace any envelope that arrives here looking like it cannot make it any further :-)

OK, deep breath - bye bye RR!! Hope to see you again someday!!

6 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

I'm sure your RR will be fine Caol. Veronica got mine in 3 days!
I don't know if we are allowed to use our return address through all the mailings as I remember that was a no-no a few years ago. I guess you can have a couple different ones ready and ask.

 
At 7:52 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

I would try not to worry too much Carol , it would be beyond beliveble if another one went astray. I still have trouble beliving that Novia's won't just show up at some point. I too, will replace any envelope that reaches me looking as though it won't survive another mailing.

 
At 8:54 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Yes, I'm off to purchase the best envelope I can find today, too. However, I agree that probably no envelope can survive so many mailings. I've been assuming that anyone who receives a battered envelope will just naturally replace it.

Mine doesn't have far to go - just over the border a bit to Rachael, so it's not quite as heart-stopping. I'm assuming Rachael's address is not jinxed. ;-)

 
At 10:00 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

Hee hee, I'm getting all giggly now. Don't you feel that our adventure is just now beginnning? I have no concerns about posting my RR at present, since I myself will be the mailman! I'm going to hand mine over to Barbara on Saturday. Shall we take a piccie, Barb, of you and me holding my RR at Naald & Draad? Just to make the others a bit jealous :-D

 
At 1:23 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Sounds great, Annemarie! (Perhaps I will hold my end up from behind?)

 
At 5:53 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

I'm not worried about the postings much either, I have confidence in the posting system - LOL, I actually just assumed that if an envelope arrived battered then I still sent it in that envelope.............. -ONLY JOKING!! No I thought if an enevelope arrived battered then I would change it, and thought that if mine arrived at one of you slightly worse for wear you too would put it in another envelope to post it on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home