Monday, April 03, 2006

did you think I'd fallen off the earth?



My better half kindly uploaded some pictures while at work today, so I can give you a small peek at my progress on Annemarie's neighborhood. As you may remember, I was so excited to get this that I immediately started on it and stitched for a few days on nothing else. Then that darn mailart came up, and I just lost my steam. A slump. Blah. But even though I haven't picked this lovely linen up for stitching in a longish while, I am as excited as ever about the design(s) I'm doing. What you see here is a section from a Prairie Moon design with a peacock (stitched over one) from The Goode Huswife. Annemarie and Jula are both fond of barns, so I hoped they'd enjoy this design, and I think the faded reds compliment the blues of Annemarie's house rather well. There is a lot yet to come, and I will try to do a better job supplying progress pics.

6 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Pics from Barb! Yayy!! It is so cool to see progress on these RRs! I love what you have done so far - great colors!! I think I stumbled across something for Annemarie's today too!

 
At 7:35 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Hi Barbara- thanks for the picture. If your DH can manage,I would love to see a close up of the peacock-am a peacock lover myself :-) I have no idea what I am going to stitch for Annemarie. I ham hping that insperation will come upon me one day soon.

 
At 6:37 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

I think the barn and peacock look great! I'm pretty sure Rachael is getting one too. I asked her to chose one of 3 buildings and she picked the barn. ; ) I am finishing up the top part of Rachael's RR and then I'll post a picture.

 
At 6:38 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

BTW, Rachael stitched a lovely peacock on her RR.

 
At 6:39 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

Rachael, click on the photo and you can see a very good close-up of the peacock.

 
At 7:10 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

Thank you- will do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home