Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Barbaras Neighbourhood



Here's my small part of Barbaras neighbourhood. The house is by the 'Irish Hare' and taken from the chart Love thy neighbour. I of course changed all of the house colours to tone in with Barbs neighbourhood. The tree and squirrel are an adaption from Sheepish Designs 'Betsy' The fence and birdhouse is from Prairie Schooler 'A prairie village II' The flowers/butterfly are my own as I wanted them to kinda tone in with Barbs as I wanted to link our gardens together. The wee bird, I shamelessly copied from Barbara so that he followed on from her little chubby birds. I enjoyed stitching all this for you, it just flowed as I was creating my part.

I thought that Barbara might like to see how her neighbourhood is looking so I took a picture of the whole piece - I think its looking great. Only 2 more to go now and we will be finished.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger Carol said...

Oh Su! I just adore what you stitched for Barbara - and I KNOW she will too! Feel free to send it on to NH whenever you are ready! It will motivate me to get needle to fabric on Rachael's soon! Wow, love it!

 
At 5:05 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger Annemarie said...

Su, this is absolutely lovely! This neighbourhood is definitely coming together VERY nicely.

 
At 7:43 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger lena-lou said...

I love this block, it is simple but very effective, I expect Barbara will be happy when she sees this :-)

 
At 8:24 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger mainely stitching said...

She is happy!

I mean, I am happy! Su, this is fabulous!!! I love it! And you've actually used one pattern that I've been dying to get to work on (Betsy). Oh boy, this is looking so great - I'm so excited!! Thanks!!

 
At 7:24 AM, February 15, 2007, Blogger Rachael said...

This is fantastic!! I love the whole thing . Beautiful colors,, fun houses and a church with tombstones- what more could one ask for? I think I want to live in this neighborhood.

 
At 6:25 PM, February 15, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

I love how Su really thought about her square and helped it to flow into Barbara's, something I haven't done with this project yet(chicken). I think the NRR that inspired this had many finishes that didn't flow. Great work Su!

 
At 4:39 AM, February 17, 2007, Blogger Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

I love your neighbourhood RR's... They are all so lovely and inviting... I'll be following your progress... I've been wanting to do one of these for a while now... Absolutely Beautiful work ladies! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home