Monday, March 19, 2007

Dianne's neighbourhood

Well, my dears, I'm sure you thought I had vanished from this sweet earth altogether, or at the very least had given up on all things stitchy. Nothing, however, is further from the truth. Dianne's RR is finished - or at least, my block is. And the reason I didn't finish it sooner was because at the last moment I decided the garden needed some... flowers. I don't know what it is with me and my obsessive compulsion to stitch flowers in other people's gardens, but there you go. The flowers in this particular neighbourhood are made with French knots. Hundreds of them. I have holes in my fingers and knots (French or otherwise is hard to determine) in my eye muscles, but Dianne, you have a garden.

Although Dianne added some lovely charts with even lovelier houses and cottages, and I was perfectly happy to stitch any of those, I noticed a little something in her questionnaire that sent my little grey cells spinning. Within minutes, I had found the perfect chart in my own stash, and it was so perfect that I did not feel the need to elaborate or make huge alterations. For the other ladies and visitors to this blog who want to see a picture of the entire block: after all these years online I still suffer from digibetes and the intricacies of adding a link to my Webshots album proved too much for me. If you want to see a picture, go to Webshots and search for anvladar. Click the 2007 album, and the picture should be there. For Dianne: here's your sneak peek. Hope you like it!


6 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, March 19, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

Hey Annemarie-nice to see you! Oh, that's a pretty clear indication of a church which is fine with me. : ) Being a Catholic girl, this is perfect and Brian and Sean will appreciate that too. I did add a church to Barbara's if you recall.
Wow-you outdid yourself with French knots-can't wait to see. It's only a few more months now isn't it?! Woo hoo!!!

 
At 5:08 PM, March 19, 2007, Blogger Susimac said...

Been to see and its gorgeous!!!

 
At 9:10 PM, March 19, 2007, Blogger Carol said...

Looks great so far... off to find that webshots album now!! Great hearing from you today - will reply tonight :-)

 
At 7:28 AM, March 20, 2007, Blogger Rachael said...

Hi Annemarie- Glad your still alive and kicking. I went and found the 'big picture" Lovely- all those french knots must have made your fingers ache - they look great though.

 
At 10:38 AM, March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your poor fingers!! But it does look beautiful, all of it!!

 
At 9:43 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger lena-lou said...

I have looked in your album and you have made a perfectly stitched job of this. Looks great :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home