Friday, March 09, 2007

update on Veronica's neighborhood

Veronica included a letter and picture-postcard to describe a little bit about the part of England she's from because she'd like it if her neighborhood included some elements from the region. Well, I fell in love. I looked up as many images as I could find on the Internet and set about adding on to her center square with what I "learned" online. The main design is taken from a very old book of patterns from Gertie Wandel, but I'm only using that pattern in so far as it works with what Veronica started. I'm bringing the hills down lower and the pond up higher to make the houses above and below blend in a bit more. It's been fun! I know that the block doesn't look like much yet, but it's practically done in my mind now that the basic structures are there. ;) I hope Veronica likes it so far! As for me, I want to take a holiday over in her corner of the world!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Carol said...

Oh Barbara - what a fantastic start! I like how you are extending her pond too!!

 
At 5:11 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Susimac said...

Oh wow Barbara, mum will love it - as for holidays here, you are welcome on both sides of the country (me and mums) Hugs

 
At 5:16 AM, March 12, 2007, Blogger Georgie said...

I love it! It is so beautiful

 
At 5:51 PM, March 12, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

What a great square and it ties in so well with the design next to it! I get this one last and I think I have the perfect book to find something in to stitch for it. Awesome Barbara!

 
At 9:21 PM, March 12, 2007, Blogger lena-lou said...

This is looking incredible Barbara, I can't wait to show it to Veronica asap

 
At 5:54 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger Rachael said...

Wow! You are a brave and talented woman! Can't wait to see the finished product.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home