Monday, June 11, 2007

Barbara's RR is ready to fly to Annemarie

Earlier today, I finished my block on Barbara's RR. I decided, after quite a bit of contemplation, to stitch the right hand side of Hopeful by Carriage House Samplings for her. I know CHS is Barbara's favorite designer, and the design made me think of a New England farmhouse... also quite a dear concept to Barbara... it was such fun to stitch!
And... isn't this nice?? This is Barbara's RR as it looks now. It is all packed up and I am giving it to Mike to post to Annemarie in the morning. In a few short days, it's world journey will end as it returns to The Netherlands again :-)
Thanks, Barbara, for this wonderful opportunity to stitch for you!

7 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, June 11, 2007, Blogger mainely stitching said...

I just cannot believe how amazing this looks!! Carol, your choice was spot-on! EVERYONE has done such a marvelous job - I'm so lucky!!!

 
At 5:21 PM, June 11, 2007, Blogger Susimac said...

Its lovely, it looks so good - I couldn't believe when I saw your square Carol I almost stitched the same thing for Barbara, then changed my mind.

 
At 6:17 PM, June 11, 2007, Blogger lena-lou said...

What a wonderful block you have done Carol and such alot of stitching in this one :-)

 
At 11:20 PM, June 11, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

I like how everything blends well, borrowing colors from the other buildings! Very nice Carol!

 
At 12:14 AM, June 12, 2007, Blogger Annemarie said...

Oh Carol, as I said before, I can't WAIT to see Barbara's RR IRL! I *think* I know exactly what sort of building I'm going to add and where.
This Neighbourhood is SO gorgeous. Lucky Barbara!

 
At 10:22 AM, June 12, 2007, Blogger Rachael said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely Carol. Beautiful colors and a wonderful choice of design.

 
At 10:58 AM, June 29, 2007, Blogger lena-lou said...

I think you have done a fantastic block here Carol on Barbaras, it is all blending in lovely and looks fabulous.

Best wishes Veronica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home