Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hello and an update from Veronica.......



I have really enjoyed looking at all your progress to date and would like to show you where I am at on my stitching.....I am going to call my neighbourhood 'Veronica's Woodland Walk'. I have taken ideas from a few different charts and played around with them to have what you can see. I was wanting to create some depth to my neighbourhood so it didn't look to flat. My hills are free-stitched from an idea on an Elizabeth's Design chart. They are supposed to represent The Cleveland Hills that I can see from my home one of the hills amongst them is called Roseberry Topping so that is my biggest one! I do have more work to do at the front of the picture as you can see but have a few ideas and will show you another picture when it is more completed. I too am only wanting DMC threads used as I will probably want to wash it on its return.....if only to get the creases back out of the linen :)

5 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

Hi Veronica, this is lovely! I'm so glad to finally see a sample of your stitching. It was well worth the wait. And thank you for only wanting DMC ;-)

 
At 4:59 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, Veronica, this is beautiful! I'm curious now, what I will pick out to stitch on yours. Thanks for letting us know you want DMC fibers.

 
At 8:09 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

I love your mountains and the stream-really lovely and artistic.

 
At 8:13 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Oh wow mum, this is lovely, now I can see what you were describing to me on the phone, it looks brilliant.
Love Su

 
At 9:33 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

This is so quaint. Makes me want to sing 'The hills are alive...with the sound of music!'
Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home