Tuesday, January 17, 2006

satin stitches


The kids allowed me more stitching time than usual today, which I needed. For someone who can't lay down decent satin stitches, I made a terrible choice of designs! "Come Fly Away" has satin stitched steps, tree trunk, and grass. I had to rip out my first attempt(s), but I think the tree trunk came out okay and the steps did too (though the linen is distorted, which I hope will be remedied when I cross stitch the lawn). I have made some changes to the design, such as stitching our bird Gilbert instead of the one called for, and will continue to tweak it. (The tree, by the way, isn't finished ... this is just my giving-up point for today.)

I'm off to rest my weary head now. Hope everyone else has enjoyed a good day.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Hey girl, looking good, love Gilbert he looks happy in his home.

I've not touched mine today or yesterday, but will get back to it by the weekend.

 
At 12:58 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

This is looking so good. I told you over at MS too. Love the parrot. I'll have to do a kitty on mine, though I don't live at an inn by the beach. It's a fantasy RR, so why not?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home