Thursday, January 19, 2006

here I am again

I don't know if the kids have been "giving" me more stitching time during the days, or if I'm compulsively claiming it in spite of their attempts to distract me. For me, this is very fast progress - but that's because I rarely stitch during the daytime hours, generally speaking.

Anyway, here's my house as of this afternoon. I have yoga tonight and won't get any more done today. Our kitty is actually a little darker IRL, but he's mostly grays and whites and teeny splotches of brown. Niek also pointed out that he's a lot fatter than this representation...

I continue to make a lot of my own tweaks to the design, as you can see.

6 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

Its looking really great, I love its quirkiness.

Su

 
At 10:52 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

You have made some great progress- I love your kitty, also I would live to see a close up of the "grass" . It looks really interesting.

 
At 11:31 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Couldn't get my camera to behave today - I took about 10 pictures a and this sorry thing was the best of the lot. The grass is cool - I'm using different stitches for different areas.

 
At 12:24 AM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

Your choice of design is faultless, and the little additions are wonderful as well. Have you thought of a way to add your three beasties?

 
At 10:54 AM, January 20, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

There are three clusters of flowers under the strawberry plant (tree?!) to represent my little darlings. As mentioned, there are also five windows in the house - one for each of us.

Animals are easier to stitch than people - especially when I can use the original design to elaborate on! ;-)

 
At 3:14 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Barb - looks great! It does appear you did master that satin stitch :-) It's not much fun trying to get those darned threads to lay flat now, is it?? LOL! Love your house choice!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home