Tuesday, March 14, 2006

and now we wait

Hi everyone! I sent mine out just a few minutes ago to Rachael (using aangetekend post, which the postal lady assured me is the safest way). I couldn't find a really excellent envelope, though I got the best one I could find. It will definately not stand up to 1 1/2 years, though.

I forgot to ask what everyone is doing about their edges - I know Silkweaver comes pre-serged, but my piece was not from Silkweaver and I taped the edges. I don't have a serger. It's not the most elegant solution, but should work fine for the duration.

I included a skein of the weird green I used for my grass - you can use this, or use it for matching purposes. It's a one-off Needle Necessities color that I snagged on eBay some time ago. I also enclosed a note, but as my neighborhood is meant to be more of a reflection of yourself, I did not enclose my questionnaire again or any charts. However, if you would like anything, please let me know and I'll get it right out to you.

I'm really excited for the next stage! I'm not sure what I'll do for Annemarie's Wacky Wanderings yet, but I trust that once I see hers, inspiration will strike.

9 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Carol said...

Hi Barb - Even though the fabric I used is Zweigart, it was ordered through Silkweaver. They are so sweet and serged it for me. It is a full half yard, but I did not want to cut it, as I don't have a serger either... so I sent the whole thing - it is large, but I did not find it to be overly huge - the RR itself is quite large anyhow.

Yay, I am getting ready to camp out by my mailbox while I wait for Su's project :-)

 
At 5:10 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Dianne said...

I used a scalloped stitch on the sewing machine to edge mine. I don't have a serger either. Hopefully that will work out.
If your envelope(s) gets here and looks shabby from wear, I will get you a fancy one too. : )

 
At 7:41 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Rachael said...

I don't have a serger either. But I did zig-zag around the edges of my RR.
I will probably use some of your green as my choise of house for you has a lovely bit of lawn. I will be eagle eyeing the email box for your envelope.

 
At 8:54 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

I should've used my sewing machine to do something, I guess, but we (sewing machine & me) don't have a very good relationship. ;0 I hope the tape won't drive anyone to distraction.

 
At 10:37 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

I never use the sewing machine, Barbara, for the same erason as you. I use the sticky brown Hansaplast. Lasts for years! Naald & Draad serged my fabric though, so no new Hansaplast-purchase was necessary.

 
At 10:38 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Annemarie said...

SERGE! THAT was the word I was looking for, Barbara. In Dutch, it's 'omzomen'.

 
At 1:36 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Gosh, I feel really guilty that everyone's edges are stitched but mine. I really hope it won't bother anyone.

 
At 6:02 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Susimac said...

I haven't done anything to mine, so Barbara we are the same. Veronica has taped her edges. I meant to tape mine, but forgot in my eagerness to post out.

 
At 10:06 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a relief that I'm not the only one who doesn't have a nicely stitched edge, Su!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home