Friday, August 17, 2007

Coming Home


I finished my square on An's RR tonight and now it is going to head home as soon as my DH can get to the post office tomorrow! I stitched several parts of Monkey Sampler by Midsummer Night Designs. I had to make a bunch of color changes as I know An is not a pastel lover, and the chart is really very pastel. I just had to stitch these monkeys for her! I have known what I wanted to stitch for her since this RR started, but I had to wait since I was last to get it :-)

And, here is how the whole thing looks now! I cannot wait to see what An adds - especially where she is going to add the elf in her block :-)

The RR will travel home in a well-worn purple mailer that was probably supplied by Dianne :-) The British customs sticker will not come off easily, so I put white stickers over it. Mike has made friends with our local postal staff, so he will have them just ignore the worn envelope and put the US customs form on top of the stickers - LOL!!

As for my RR, I sure hope to see mine someday soon too. BeckySC has it at the moment. She volunteered to stitch Novia's block for me. She is in the midst of a family crisis, so I told her to take her time with it. I emailed Rachael some bit ago to see if/when she wanted to work on mine... Rachael, are you out there?? Please email me - thanks!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the end of the summer now!

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, August 17, 2007, Blogger mainely stitching said...

Carol, it's stunning. It's absolutely perfect! I can't wait to hear Annemarie's reaction!

 
At 12:57 PM, August 17, 2007, Blogger Annemarie said...

Oh wow, wow, wowie!!!! I just LVOE it Carol. Poor you for having to wait so long to add your house and monkeys. It was well worth the wait, though, wasn't it? Just a few more days and it's mine! If customs co-operate, that is...

 
At 1:30 AM, August 18, 2007, Blogger Dianne said...

Awesome job! This is a fun NRR indeed.
As for Rachael-she said she was putting my RR in her hoop about a week ago. I guess when Becky is finished yours, I can't see why she can't send it on to Rachael, but I'll let Rachael speak for herself.

 
At 10:53 PM, August 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! So cute! I want one! LOL I am going to have to make up one of my own little neighborhoods one of these days, it's like playing house!

Beth
baalberts@verizon.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home